Monday 6 July 2015

Barry M Nail Paint

Hello my lovelies, so whilst I'm slightly intoxicated, yes I've been drinking, surprise surprise, I thought I'd share my thoughts on three Barry M nail polishes that I've been alternating between over the last few months.

A couple of months ago I was rummaging through my case that I keep all my nail polishes in and I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't disheartened at the fact that the majority of my nail polishes had either run out when I attempted to use them or had turned extremely lumpy and just overall pretty gross. Many of my favourites were completely unusable despite my best efforts at shaking, swirling and stirring them - nothing worked. My go to nail colour, that being black, had been used to death so I was due a trip to Boots to buy some more and check out some other colours whilst I was there.

Whilst we're on the topic of specifically, black nail polish, I picked up a regular Barry M one in the shade 47, Black. I'd never used a single Barry M product before and considering how much I love my black nail polish, I was really entrusting them here and I'm so glad that I did. First of all the quality of the nail polish is just amazing. I'm one of those people who applies nail polish for it to then chip a couple of hours later, meanwhile, your friend is there wearing the same bloody one weeks later without a single chip in sight, but this is the first nail polish I've tried that hasn't chipped for almost a week! With the price being only £2.99, I wasn't expecting much but this is by far the best black nail polish I've ever tried and is so worth the money. The colour and consistency is perfect leaving you with perfectly shiny, black nails.



I think at the time there was a special offer on at Boots which allowed me to buy a second nail polish for a little bit cheaper and I love a good bargain as much as the next person so naturally I went back to see what other colours I could find. The second colour I chose was a pastel green one in the shade 502, Pole Position. This is from the Barry M Speedy Quick Dry range and I have to be honest, I'm not really a huge fan. The nail varnish itself is extremely thick in comparison to any other nail varnish I've used. I first thought that this would work to my advantage as I'd only need to use one coat which after a few attempts, I've gathered is what you're meant to use. As this nail varnish is so thick, if you put too much on it peels off in one huge piece minutes later. Don't get me wrong, that would be an excellent invention if they began to make nail polishes that you could just effortlessly peel off when you wanted to change colours instead of having to spend time scrubbing away at your nails with pungent smelling nail varnish remover. However, if you apply one coat of this fairly thinly to your nails (make sure you wipe the excess off the end of the brush on the top of the bottle before you start) then you'll be good to go and it'll last as long as the black one I mentioned above. In all honesty, I'm not sure why I went for this colour, considering I'm not really a pastel kind of girl. I prefer my darker colours and reds and pinks in truth, but it's good to try something different from time to time. I personally haven't noticed a difference in drying time with this nail polish, it was the thickness of it that was more noticeable to me. Retailed at £3.99 I cannot argue with the affordable price of this product but I don't think I'll be purchasing from the Speedy Quick Dry range again.

The final nail varnish I bought is probably one of my favourite finds when it comes to makeup and beauty products. I bought this one around a month after purchasing the two above as I thought I might as well give the third range from Barry M a try. The one I chose was from the Gelly Hi-Shine range in the shade 446, Dragon and I am in love! This nail varnish leaves your nails looking like you just got your nails professionally done at the salon and for a fraction of the price. I spent £3.99 on this product and my nails have never looked so bright, summery and professionally done with just one coat of nail polish.

Overall, the Barry M nail varnishes are definitely products I would recommend to my friends. Despite the one from the Speedy Quick Dry range being slightly trickier to apply, I wouldn't hesitate from trying any of the other ranges by Barry M and I would most definitely purchase the black and pink nail polishes again. I hope that this blog post helped some of you out and if you have any questions then please feel free to leave them as a comment below.

Amy x

No comments:

Post a Comment